Sunday, April 4, 2010

Technical Difficulties

Well, CotW 10 has had a very upsetting technical problem. When I took my Seagull 4B-1 out for its week, I noticed that its focusing knob was completely useless. It wiggled freely on its post, but did not come all the way off. So, basically, it is stuck with a focus of approximately 3ft. This is upsetting for many reasons... First, this was a gift from my husband for my birthday nearly 5 years ago. Second, there is no local repair shop for this type of camera and was told that repairs for regular cameras run about $160. This camera was about $200... Third, I cannot find a repair manual or anyone online (so far, I'm still looking) who can even give me an idea of what kind of repair this would even be. Fourth, I'm afraid to open it up and then find out I can't put it back together even if I could fix it. It is still a mystery as to how it could have broken while stored in a camera bag wrapped in a padded Domke wrap.

So, I thought to myself, "hmmm, most of my other cameras either have a fixed focus or none at all, so why should this one!" and I used up the last 2 frames on the roll in the camera and shot a whole other roll with the camera focused at 3ft (I hope).

While we wait for the film to come back from the developer, here is a favorite from a few years ago...

0 comments:

 

shari pastore photography © 2010. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness